- ½ red onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 carrot
- 1 zucchini
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 100g corn kernels
- ½ cup cottage cheese
- ¾ cup breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp dried mixed herbs
- 1 ½ tsp tomato sauce
- 2 eggs
- 2 sheets puff pastry
- Preheat oven to 180 degrees C and line a baking tray with GLAD Cooking Paper.
- Dice onion and crush garlic clove. Coarsely grate carrot and zucchini and squeeze to remove excess moisture.
- With the help of adult, heat oil in a medium pan over the stove, add onion and garlic and cook for 2 minutes until soft. Add carrot, zucchini, corn and cook for another 3 minutes until veggies are tender. Drain over a sink to remove excess liquid. Set aside to cool.
- Transfer into a mixing bowl and add cottage cheese, breadcrumbs, mixed herbs, tomato sauce and one egg. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine.
- Cut each pastry sheet in half, spoon ¼ of the mixture horizontally across the pastry, brush opposite side with the other beaten egg and roll up pastry to enclose filling. Cut rolls into four even pieces.
- Place the rolls on the lined baking tray with and brush with egg.
- Bake for 15 – 20 minutes or until puffed and golden brown. Serve warm.
- Other kinds of vegetables can be added into the filling. Try mashed pumpkin, sweet potato, diced mushrooms or capsicum.
- Experiment by adding a teaspoon of fresh herbs into the filling. Parsley, oregano and thyme would give the rolls a different, distinct flavor.