- 1 bunch spinach, finely chopped with most of the white part removed
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 medium Sebago potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 cup diced pumpkin
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 parsnip, peeled and diced
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Salt and pepper to taste
- ½ cup freshly chopped parsley
- 6 sheets ready-rolled puff pastry
- ½ cup milk
- Combine the first 6 ingredients and place in a large microwave-safe container.
- Add 1 cup of boiling water, cover and cook on high for 8–10 minutes.
- Drain well and mash vegetables.
- Add butter, salt and pepper to taste and finally add the parsley.
- Preheat oven to 200°C.
- Cut each sheet of thawed puff pastry into 4 equal squares.
- Place a heaped tablespoon of vegetable mixture onto one corner of each pastry square.
- Brush edges of pasties with milk. Fold pastry over to form a triangle. Press edges together to seal well.
- Brush pasties with a little milk and bake for 15–20 minutes on baking trays lined with GLAD Cooking Paper.
- These pasties are finger food size. The mixture is also ideal for larger meal-size traditional pasties.