Vegetable & Cheese Pie
- 120g each carrot, celery, leek
- 30g butter or margarine
- Worcestershire sauce, to taste
- 1 cup grated Cheddar cheese
- 1 x 440g can baked beans
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 375g shortcrust pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
- Wash and dice vegetables, then saute vegetables in butter until just tender.
- Stir in sauce, cheese, baked beans, salt & pepper. Cool.
- Roll out half the pastry on MONO Baking Paper. Line a pie plate or tin and bake blind for 10 minutes.
- Spoon in filling and top with remaining rolled pastry, decorating edges. Glaze with egg. Place on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 190 degrees C for 20 minutes or until cooked.
- Serve hot, as a luncheon or supper dish with spinach and tomato salad.