Vegetable Bake with Potato, Leek & Pumpkin
- 2 cups washed & sliced leeks
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 4 large Sebago potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 500g pumpkin, peeled & sliced
- ¾ cup low-fat milk
- ½ tsp ground nutmeg
- ¾ cup low-fat grated cheese
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Line a large baking dish with GLAD Cooking Paper.
- Sauté leeks in a saucepan with the butter, oil and garlic until soft but not brown. Place a layer of potato on the GLAD Cooking Paper in the baking dish followed by half of the leeks.
- Season to taste and then follow with a layer of pumpkin.
- Repeat the process and pour over the milk that has been warmed with the nutmeg in the microwave for 40 seconds on high.
- Sprinkle the vegetable bake with the cheese.
- Bake for 1 hour.