Steak Sandwich Deluxe
- Half a long loaf of Turkish pide bread
- 2 minute steaks
- Oil or oil spray
- 1 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp steak or BBQ sauce
- 1 large button mushroom thinly sliced
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- 1/2 red capsicum, cut into thin strips
- Cut the pide half into 2 pieces then split each through the centre.
- Pound the minute steaks a little thinner with a meat mallet and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Preheat a sandwich press then place a piece of GLAD Cooking Paper onto the base plate. Brush or spray the steaks with a little oil and place on the GLAD Cooking Paper
- Close the press and cook for 2-3 minutes.
- To assemble the sandwich, place the steaks onto the base slices of the pide, top with the onion slices and drizzle with the sauce. Place the mushrooms and capsicum on top and close with the top slices of pide.
- Reheat the snadwich press and place the sandwiches onto the GLAD Cooking Paper in the press. Spray the tops lightly with oil, close and cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove and wrap the ends in a strip of GLAD Cooking Paper for easy eating.