Red Wine Beef Filo
- 1 Tbsp butter
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 pieces thick cut scotch fillet steak
- ½ cup red wine
- 2 Tbsp fresh cream
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup finely chopped parsley
- Filo pastry
- Oil spray
- Milk for glazing
- Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking tray with GLAD Cooking Paper.
- Preheat electric frypan on high and line with GLAD Cooking Paper. Reduce heat and add butter and garlic to pan. Cook for 30 seconds.
- Add steak and cook for 2 minutes each side. Remove and keep covered.
- Add wine, cream, salt, pepper and parsley. Cook until reduced and thickened. Prepare filo pastry by spraying each of the 4 sheets with olive oil spray (for each steak).
- Place one steak onto the pre-sprayed filo pastry sheet. Pour over a small amount of the red wine sauce.
- Wrap steak in pastry to make a secure parcel. Glaze with a little milk and repeat for remaining steaks.
- Bake for 30–35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve with steamed seasonal vegetables.