Pears in Red Wine & Star Anise with Cinnamon Yoghurt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup dry red wine
- 2 star anise
- 1 strip lemon zest
- 4 firm ripe pears, peeled
- 1 cup natural yoghurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Mix together sugar and wine in a large storage size GLAD Snap Lock Resealable Bag, stir well until sugar dissolves a little.
- Add star anise, lemon zest and pears. Seal bag.
- Stand for 20-30 minutes, turning bag now and then to evenly marinate pears.
- Microwave on HIGH power for 2-3 minutes, depending on size of pears (Note - pears should still hold their shape).
- Allow to stand in bag until cool.
- Serve with cinnamon yoghurt.
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Drizzle over the pears or serve on the side.