Hearty Beef & Tomato Crock Pot
- 1kg topside or other stewing steak
- 2 tbsp flour
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 medium waxy potatoes, peeled and cut into large piece
- 2 cups button mushrooms, halved
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 3 stalks of fresh thyme
- 1 bay leaf*
- ¼ of a cup tomato paste
- 1 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 cup beef stock
- Line the slow cooker with a GLAD Extra-Large Oven Bag and turn onto low setting.
- In a bowl, toss together the beef and the flour and season with salt and pepper.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a high heat and brown the beef.
- Add this to the slow cooker along with the potatoes, mushrooms, carrots, thyme, bay leaf, tomato paste, tomatoes and stock. Season with salt and pepper.
- Cover and cook for 8-10 hours.
- You can freeze the rest of the bay leaves in a GLAD Snap Lock Snack Bag