Date & Walnut Mini Muffins
- 250g chopped dates
- 1 cup water
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 2 tbsp butter or 1/3 cup grape seed oil
- 2 cups sifted self-raising flour, white or wholemeal
- 2 tbsp chopped walnuts
- 1 cup sugar or 1/2 cup honey
- 1 well-beaten egg
- Preheat the oven to 165°C.
- Place dates into water and bring to the boil.
- Add bicarbonate of soda and butter.
- Sift flour into bowl and add boiled dates, walnuts, sugar or honey and well-beaten egg.
- Place a small square of MONO Baking Paper on the base only of each area of the baking tin in which the muffins will be cooked.
- Fill each muffin receptacle to approximately two thirds of its capacity and bake for 15–18 minutes.
- The inclusion of wholemeal self-raising flour, grape seed oil and honey give a nice texture to the muffins and a healthy alternative.