Cream Cheese & Apricot Stuffed Chicken
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ an onion, finely chopped
- ¼ of a cup dried apricots, chopped
- ¼ of a cup chicken stock or water
- 125g cream cheese
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup panko crumbs or use toasted coarse bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon fresh sage, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped
- ¼ of a cup finely grated parmesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C
- Heat the olive oil in a frying pan over medium heat and cook the onions for 5 minutes until soft.
- Add the apricots and stock or water and cook for a few minutes until the apricots are softened and the liquid has evaporated. Cool.
- In a bowl soften the cream cheese with a fork then mix in the apricot mixture and season with salt and pepper.
- Carefully cut pockets in the chicken breasts, trying to keep the opening a small as possible. Stuff the pockets with the cream cheese mixture.
- Place the egg in a shallow bowl.
- Spread the panko crumbs on a plate and mix in the sage, parsley, parmesan and season with salt and pepper.
- Dip the chicken in the egg, and then roll in the panko crumbs until completely coated.
- Place on a baking tray lined with MONO® MAGIC® Non-Stick Foil, dull side up.
- Bake for 30 minutes.