Beetroot, Kumara, Courgette & Feta Salad
- 500g baby / small beetroot, trimmed of stalks
- 2 medium kumara, peeled
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 medium courgettes
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- A small bunch of fresh parsley or mint, leaves chopped if necessary
- 100g feta cheese, crumbled
- 50g pine nuts, toasted
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Place the unpeeled beetroot on a baking tray lined with GLAD Cooking Paper and bake until tender (when a knife is easily pushed through), about 30 minutes for baby beets 45 minutes for small.
- Remove from the oven, cool and peel, using CHUX Food Preparation disposable gloves. The skin should come away easily in your fingers. Trim the ends and discard. Cut the beetroot in half if necessary and set aside.
- Cut the kumara into 2cm cubes and toss in a bowl with the olive oil and roast for 20 minutes. Cool.
- Thickly slice the courgettes and drizzle with a little olive oil.
- Heat a barbecue or grill and cook the courgettes for 1-2 minutes on each side. Cool.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the lemon juice, zest, or mint and salt and pepper to taste then slowly whisk in the olive oil. Add the beetroot, kumara, courgette, parsley and feta and toss well. Sprinkle with pine nuts and serve.