Beef & Spinach Lasagne
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 600g mince
- ¼ of a cup tomato paste
- 2 x 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 350g spinach
- 250 instant dried lasagne sheets
- 200g ricotta cheese
- 1 cup béchamel (white) sauce
- Salt and pepper
- ½ a cup grated pamesan cheese
- Heat the oven to 180 degrees C.
- Line a 22cm x 30cm baking dish with MONO MAGIC Non-Stick Foil, dull side facing up (so dull side is next to the food).
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat and cook the onions for 5 minutes until soft. Add the mince and brown. Add the tomato paste, tomatoes, oregano and season with salt and pepper. Simmer for about 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Adjust seasoning and set aside.
- Wash the spinach and tear off the stems and discard. Chop the leaves roughly. Heat a saucepan over a medium heat and add a dash of water and the spinach. Cover and cook for 1-2 minutes until just wilted. Remove from the saucepan and let drain of excess liquid.
- Spread the bottom of the lined baking dish with 1 third of the mince then cover with sheets of lasagne. Arrange another third of the mince on top with half of the spinach and half the ricotta. Season with salt and pepper. Cover with sheets of lasagne and repeat the step again.
- Cover the final sheets of lasagne with the béchamel sauce and sprinkle with the parmesan.
- Bake for 30 minutes until golden and bubbling.