Baby Octopus Salad
- 1 kg baby octopus, cleaned and trimmed
- Fresh salad of your choice
- 2 tsp grated ginger
- Juice of 1 lime
- ½ cup peanut oil
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 Tbsp kecap manis (sweet soy sauce)
- 3 cloves fresh garlic, crushed
- Combine the marinade ingredients and pour over the octopus in a large glass bowl. Cover with GLAD Wrap and refrigerate for one hour or longer, overnight if preferred.
- Place a sheet of GLAD Cooking Paper onto the hotplate of a preheated barbecue.
- Cook drained octopus on the GLAD Cooking Paper until the tentacles are very curly and dark in colour.
- Turn octopus over frequently whilst adding a little extra marinade during cooking.
- Serve the octopus tossed through a large mixed-leaf salad.